Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lots of satin stitch practice!

Its the end of day nine of the 'Over and Above' mini-challenge and I have gotten the basic embroidery/applique finished on both sleeves and have made just a little over 13 yards of co-ordinating lucet cord for couching. I'm getting alot of satin stitch practice on this project! The collar is the next piece to be embellished, and I'm estimating I have about 7 more yards of lucet cord to make. 

I had two spools of gold thread, but the cat knocked one of them off the table and the dobermans destroyed it...so I'm gonna run out soon, and don't know how soon I'll be able to get more...... sigh. 

Here's some pictures;


Unfortunately the lovely lighting in our apartment does not lend well to taking good pictures:-(  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment