Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Yay for Progress!!
I have also finished a quickie petticoat. It is made from 3.5 yards of purple cotton and trimmed in a narrow strip of gold cotton jacquard. I experimented with the petticoat. I have previously been unable to wear petticoats with my front lacing gown unless I wear them under my camicia (which seems weird to me) because they show under the lacing..so I made a waistband with a nearly ninety degree angle center front...so far it seams to be working and not buckling or doing weird things with all the weight of the fabric. We will see. And I was bad...the whole thing is machine sewed, except for the button that I still need to sew on.